International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 every year worldwide. Balance for better is the campaign theme for the year 2019. Gender balanced government, gender-balanced workplace, and gender-balanced sports opportunities, gender-balanced board room are on the race for this year. It all started when the socialist party of America organized women’s day on the 28th of February in 1909 in New York. International Women’s Day celebrates the social, economic, political achievements of women regardless of race, religion, language or cultural beliefs or economic conditions. Here are the Happy International Women’s Day Images 2019, Quotes, Theme, Greetings. Check out here.
Happy International Women’s Day Images 2019
International Women’s Day-Colour FOR THE DAY
Purple is the colour that signifies women. Purple signifies justice and dignity. Green symbolizes hope whereas white symbolizes purity. These colours are adorned on women’s day as a symbol of women’s rights movement. This movement paved way for many movements from global marches and campaign to recent Metoo movement. Women’s day has culminated from movements that raised the issues on sexual harassment, femicide to equal pay. The commemoration has begun with global United Nations have promoted their participation in women’s empowerment. The United Nations made efforts to address challenges that women face across the globe.
Happy International Women’s Day QUOTES 2019
- Melinda Gates, co-founder of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation once said “A women with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But finding this voice can be very difficult.”
- “Don’t let anyone tell you-you’re weak because you’re a woman – Mary Kom, an Olympic boxer.”
- Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist and youngest Nobel Prize laureate said “I raise my voice-not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard. We can not succeed if half of us are stopped.
- “Human rights are women’s rights and women’s rights are human’s rights. Let us not forget that these rights include the right to speak freely and the right to be heard, ”said former US Secretary of State and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Margaret Thatcher, first female prime minister of Britain said” If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman’.
- “The fastest way to change society is to arouse the women of the world.”
International Women’s Day THEME of 2019
International Women’s Day theme for this 2019 is “Balance for better”. This theme will focus on innovative ways to promote gender equality.
Some key targets for 2030 Agenda
- Ensure all girls and boys complete the free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education
- Ensure all girls and boys have the access to quality early childhood development, care and pre-primary education
- Eliminate practices such as the child-forced marriage and female genital mutilation
- Eliminate all the forms of violence against women and girls
- End all the forms of discrimination against all women and girls
Happy Women’s Day GREETINGS 2019
A very happy women’s day to all the women around the world. Here are strong women May we know them, may we be them and may we raise them.
This international women’s day is the time for a change, time to reflect on progress made and to celebrate women on a whole.